Smash Saturday Summer League Playoff Fairness Provisions
Best of Nine Playoff Match
1. Each Player Must play Two (2) Games in the first Four (4) Games (Game 1 thru Game 4) and Two (2) Games before any Game 9 (Game 5 thru Game 8).
For Example, as this is a best of Nine (9) games, Each Player will Play at least twice in Games 1 thru 4. After the Fourth Game or Prior to Game 5, this Rule resets. As the Match progresses, the day’s best Two Players from each team may play the next two (2) Games (5-6) provided that the team’s other two players play Games 7 and 8 if needed.
If a Deciding Game 9 is Necessary, and providing all of the above rules have been met, ANY two players from Each Team may play – Regardless of number of games played.
2. If a Team Does not have all its Teammates Present, the team with the Full Squad will be the Home Team throughout the match regardless of Season Win/Loss record. This means that the team missing a player must put its lineup out first prior to Each Game. However, if the Team missing a player is the Higher Seed, it will be the Home Team for the First Game only.
If a Team’s #1 Player must play more because of a missing player, that Full Team has the option of countering that player with Any Player it wishes to use as long as its players have played twice in Games 1 thru 4.
Additionally, there will be a reduced Three (3) game requirement for members of the Full Team.
-Two (2) Games of the First Four (4) Games must be played by Each player. After Game 4, Each player on the Full Team will only be required to Play One (1) Game of however many remain.
3. If a team shows without its #4, the Full Team will only be required to play all players once in Games 1 thru 4. After Game 4, Each player on the Full Team will only be required to Play One (1) Game of however many remain.
4. If a Team Shows for a Playoff Match with Only Two Players and they are #1-#2. The opposing Team will begin each Game with a 5-0 lead. A Shutout would be 15-0.
5. No Player may play more than Three (3) Games in a row in Games 1 thru 8.
Championship – Best of 11 Championship Match
1. Both teams Must have all Four Players on-site and Available for the Championship Match.
-Games 1 thru 4 will be determined by the League Office prior to the start of the Match and after Player Skill Levels have been re-evaluated.
-All players must play Twice in Games 6 thru 10.
If a Deciding Game 11 is Necessary, ANY two players from Each Team may play – regardless of number of games played.